Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Apartment

I have been truly blessed! I was able to get an apartment with amazing landlords. They are members of the church and Nancey works at the school where I will be teaching. The apartment is completely furnished, I just brought a few decorative things and TA-DA...an instant home!





Here are some shots from around the apartment.



























I have been keeping busy here in Anchorage. My roommate from Concordia is here for the summer also. Rachel, is teaching the summer program at Anchor Lutheran School also. We have had several great expeditions with the help of some friends we have met along the way.

We went to the Air Show the last weekend in June and had a great time. There were a lot of planes, and it was a great time to see the Air Force Base. We really enjoyed climbing in the planes and checking things out. The jumpers were cool too. Here are a couple shots from the Air Show.






A really big plane...they told me what it was, but I forgot.







Here I am posing with one of our favorite new brews, Alaskan Amber.






Rachel is a little taller so her head fits a little better than mine!






We are planning on attending the Moose Dropping Festival this coming weekend. It is supposed to be very fun. I will let you know how a festival completely devoted to moose turds is after the fact.



This is my view on my way home from work.

1 comment:

entzi3musketeers said...

Hey Alli!
Great appartment!
Glad you trip went well and can't wait to hear and see more updates!
Heidi