Sunday, July 20, 2008

And There Shall Be Dancing...

So Rachel was in charge of planning this weekend's events. She chose to take advantage of the Senior Center's, Friday Night Dance Night. It was interesting, to say the least. We had an hour lesson and then we began dancing. There were a lot of interesting guys at the Senior Center. But we had fun even with the creeps hanging around. It was very nice of the Senior Center to provide mints for everyone, it is nice to know your dance partner will be smelling minty fresh! Rachel really liked the mints...I think she was licking them out of the container! I also like the fake flowers on the table. This is a shot of Rachel and one of our favorite dance partners. He was one of the only guys that wasn't 100% creepy. Thanks for the dances Patrick!




This is soon going to be one our favorite fishing spots. We just have to wait for the salmon to come, figure out the license, and find the time to do drive out here and enjoy God's creation! The ducks in the water were so friendly and came within a foot or two of Rachel and I.













You might be wondering why I have my hood up. Well there is a perfectly great explanation. While visiting the beautiful Mirror Lake, we were accompanied by a flock of (or maybe just 3) aggressive seagulls. They were flying so low that I thought I was going to have to clean gull droppings off my head. We had already had one weekend full of droppings, I did not want another one!





Here are some traditional Native American burials that are in Eklutna, AK. They are in the middle of this sleepy village that has a Russian Orthodox church in the middle of it. It was very pretty and peaceful.











Thunder Falls is somewhere behind my big head. But I still think it was a good shot for Rach and I. About 3 seconds after we took this picture a large truck came flying over the bridge and scared us half to death. The bridge was a little shaky!
The view from the top of the Hillside over looking Anchorage. I thought the sky was very pretty. This is just up the road from my house.

3 comments:

Grandma Leah said...

Hi Alli,

Looks like you are having why too much fun. Great pics.

Love you,
Aunt Leah :-)

K girl said...

Fun photos. I am so glad that you were wearing a hood on your second dropping adventure. Say 'hi' to Rachel from me.

entzi3musketeers said...

Hey Alli,
Great Pics..How beautiful. Oh yeah I mean the girls in the pics too not just the landscape:) Looks like you are having a good time. Keep the updates comming. Take care and God Bless!

Heidi and the Boys